Warning: Use of undefined constant is_amp_endpoint - assumed 'is_amp_endpoint' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/digitalshadow/public_html/performancecoatings.net/wp-content/plugins/chimpmatepro/public/class-chimpmate-wpmc-assistant.php on line 876
POLYSHIELD HT-100F UB™ is a high tensile, high elongation, high build, fast-set, elastomer, specifically formulated to provide a tenacious bond to certain thermoset plastic surfaces. Unlike most spray-applied polyureas, POLYSHIELD HT-100F UB™ has the unique advantage of adhering to many polymeric substrates, both new and aged, typically without the use of primers or extensive surface preparation. It provides a cost effective, flexible, tough, resilient monolithic membrane with water and chemical resistance. POLYSHIELD HT-100F UB™ is an excellent choice of elastomer to topcoat geotextile fabrics for primary or secondary containment.
Polyshield HT™100F UB is a fast-set, high performance, spray-applied, plural component, pure polyurea elastomer.
This system is based on amine-terminated polyether resins, amine chain extenders, and prepolymers. It provides a cost effective flexible, tough, resilient monolithic membrane with water and chemical resistance. Unlike most spray-applied polyureas, POLYSHIELD HT™ 100F UB is available with SPI’s cutting-edge Ultra Bond™ technology. SPI’s advanced Ultra Bond™ chemistry is coined “the duct tape molecule”.
Ultra Bond™ has the unique advantage of adhering to most properly prepared organic and inorganic (new and aged) surfaces without requiring a primer. Like duct tape, POLYSHIELD HT™ 100F UB with Ultra Bond™ gains adhesion over time.
In house testing has shown excellent adhesion to certain clean, dry surfaces including:
- Primers past the recoat window
- SBR rubber
- Aged polyureas
- Latex rubber
- Automotive finishes
- Crumb rubber surfaces
- 100% solid, no solvents, and zero VOCs.
- Fast-set; handle in one minute or less.
- High dry temperature stability to 250°F (121°C) with intermittent temperatures to 300°F (148°C).
- High abrasion resistance.
- High-elongation for crack bridging.
- Excellent encapsulation characteristics.
- Compliant with FDA/USDA for incidental food contact.
- Coating over organic primers that are past their recoat window. Including SPI POLYPRIME-100™ and EP-100™
- Coating for steel or other substrate exposed to corrosion
- Liner for concrete tanks, concrete floors, ponds, lagoons, reservoirs, dikes, irrigation ditches, tunnels, barges, etc.
- Top coat compatible existing membrane liners
- Encapsulation for EPS or other types of flotation materials
- Encapsulation for asbestos, lead paint, or other dry hazardous materials
- Recoat over other polymer based substrates used for flooring, wall covering, and infrastructure protection
- Replace or repair failed existing sheet membrane liners
- Earthen containment used with or without geotextile
- Steel tanks, silos, and pipes
- Repair of polyurea liners
- Concrete parking decks
- Rock shield for pipelines
- For texturing aged polyurea
- Recoat urethane liner
- Wastewater containment
- Coating over geotextile
POLYSHIELD HT-100F UB™ is available in SPI standard colors (Sand, Medium Grey, and Black). Custom colors will be quoted upon request. It should be noted that POLYSHIELD HT-100F UB™ is an aromatic polyurea; therefore, as with all aromatics, color change as well as superficial oxidation will occur. Aliphatic urethane, polyurea, and other suitable topcoats can be used where long-term color stability and increased longevity in full sun exposure are of critical importance.